In this Home Health Social Services' event, you will look at three snippets, social services interview, home safety and emergency assistance, and resources. You will also have a chance to review “Donald’s Support System."
Shopping and Laundry
Areas of Concern
Home Safety and Emergency Assistance
- Donald is independent in mobility in his home with use of a rolling walker.
- Donald is able to use the phone for emergency assistance and phones are in living area and bedroom
- Donald has two telephones with emergency access with one touch button
- Donald has an emergency pull cord in his restroom
- Home Safety reviewed by Nursing and modifications completed.
Resources for Donald
- Counseling for anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are available through the Veteran’s Administration (VA)
- Anxiety support group in the community
- Transportation services available in the community
- Donald has friends who can provide transportation if needed.
Donald's Support at Home
Telephone check in and calling several times a day; comes each weekend for laundry, shopping, medication assist and transportation.
Telephone support – calling several times a day; comes very infrequently.
Live 3-4 hours away and too young for assistance at this time.
Donald has friends available for companionship, transportation, meal assistance and other needs upon request.