A team-based approach to Mr. Tatum’s care will promote improved pain management and support during this acute stress while helping her maintain her recovery from OUD.
Diagnose and treat injury, monitor medication responses, and refine plan.
Addiction Specialist and Recovery Coach Consultations
Often not available in all settings; psychiatry, nursing and social work services may also assist
- Facilitate transition to home buprenorphine/naloxone dose and community-based team care
- Address anxiety about risk of recurrent use and support continued recovery
- Include review of protective/risk factors for recurrent use and self-harm/violence
- Keep informed of discharge plan and follow-up needed
Social Work Involvement
To strengthen supports, help with problem solving.
- Facilitate transition on discharge with community-based resources
For communication and coordination of services
- Facilitate a unified patient-centered team plan acceptable to patient
- Post-discharge care plan
- Provide patient education and counseling
- Aid in monitoring the safety/efficacy of the plan
To promote comfort and support and present a less distressing view of current challenges.
To collaborate with care team to identify medication-related problems, make recommendations as needed, monitor therapy, answer medication questions, serve as a resource for patient education, and ensure access to treatment during hospitalization and upon discharge.
Other team members as appropriate
E.G.: Physical Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Nutrition, etc.