- Review indications and basic pharmacologic principles of medication management for opioid use disorder.
- Understand the challenges of acute pain management in a patient with a history of opioid addiction treated with Suboxone (buprenorphine/naloxone) and describe opioid management strategies for Ms. Tatum’s acute pain.
- List non-opioid and non-pharmacologic pain management strategies for Ms. Tatum.
- Discuss the roles of a multidisciplinary team in coordinating the care for a patient with acute pain and a history of opioid addiction.
Extra Learning Objectives
- Understand dental surgical management principles for Ms. Tatum’s condylar fracture.
- List best practices in safe opioid monitoring.
This Page Last Reviewed on July 10, 2020