- International Association for the Study of Pain: http://www.iasp-pain.org/
- American Pain Society: http://americanpainsociety.org/
- Academy of Integrative Pain Management: http://www.aapainmanage.org/
- American Academy of Pain Medicine: http://www.painmed.org/
- American Chronic Pain Association: https://theacpa.org/
Institute of Medicine Report
In 2011, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) released a report regarding pain as a public health problem in the United States. The IOM recommended relieving pain become a national priority .
National Pain Strategy
In 2016, The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services outlined the nation’s first coordinated plan for reducing chronic pain in The National Pain Strategy (NPS). It was developed by a diverse team of experts from around the nation. The National Pain Strategy is a roadmap toward achieving a system of care in which all people receive appropriate, high quality and evidence-based care for pain .
- American College of Physicians safe opioid prescribing REMS program https://www.playbackacp.com/rems_info
- Centers for Disease Control Opioid Overdose and Safe Prescribing https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/providers/index.html
- Harm Reducation Coalition naloxone initiative https://harmreduction.org/issues/overdose-prevention/tools-best-practices/od-kit-materials/
- National Institutes of Health Pain Consortium https://www.painconsortium.nih.gov/3
- Practical Pain Management online opioid conversion calculator https://opioidcalculator.practicalpainmanagement.com/
- Prescribe to Prevent Naloxone resource website https://prescribetoprevent.org/patient-education/materials/
- Providers Clinical Support System https://pcssnow.org/
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services safe opioid prescribinghttps://www.scopeofpain.org/
- Veteran's Affairs Opioid Safety Initiative https://www.va.gov/painmanagement/opioid_safety_initiative_osi.asp
- American College of Physicians Practice Guideline for Low Back Pain
Qasseem A, Wilt TJ, McLean RM, Forciea MA. Noninvasive treatment for acute, subacute, and chronic low back pain: A clinical practice guideline from the American College of Physicians.
- Centers for Disease Control Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
Dowell D, Haegerich TM, Chou R. CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain -United States, 2016. MMWR Recomm Rep 2016;65(No. RR-1):1-49. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.rr6501e1.
- RIOSORD Validation Study for Opioid Overdose Risk in a Civilian Population
Zedler BK, Saunders WB, Joyce AR, Vick CC, Murrelle EL. Validation of a screening risk index for serious prescription opioid-induced respiratory depression or overdose in a US commercial health plan claims database. Pain Med 2018;19(1):68-78. doi:10.1093/pm/pnx099.
- RIOSORD Validation Study for Opioid Overdose Risk in a Veteran's Health Administration Population
Zedler B, Xie L, Joyce A, Brigham J, et al. Development of a risk index for serious prescription opioid-induced respiratory depression or overdose in veterans’ health administration patients. Pain Med 2015;16(8):1566-1579. doi:10.1111.pme.127777.
- Veteran's Affairs Opioid Overdose and Naloxone Distribution Program
Oliva EM, Christopher MLD, Wells D, Bounthavong M, Havery M, et al. Opioid overdose education and naloxone distribution: Development of the Veterans Health Administration’s national program. J Am Pharm Assoc 2017;57(2S):S168-S179.e4. doi:10.1016/j.japh.2017.01.022.
- Academy of Integrative Pain Management
- American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- American Chronic Pain Association
- American Pain Society
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- American Society of Pain Management Nursing
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- National Institutes of Health Pain Consortium
- Society of Palliative Care Pharmacists