After completing this module, you should be able to:
- Examine multimodal approaches to care for children experiencing pain from Sickle Cell Disease (SCD)
- Describe age-specific pain assessment practices, diagnostic tools, and treatment strategies for SCD-related pain.
- Design a plan of care with pharmacological and non-pharmacological modalities for children with acute pain.
- Recognize the importance of interprofessional care and patient family centered pain management.
- Identify healthcare disparities related to SCD.